cat-users - RE: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT and auto populating the realm

RE: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT and auto populating the realm

  • From: "Kinsey, Paul" <pkinsey AT cardiffmet.ac.uk>
  • To: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: RE: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT and auto populating the realm
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 16:34:32 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Hi Stefan,

Any movement on this?

Thanks,
Paul.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Winter
[mailto:stefan.winter AT restena.lu]
Sent: 07 July 2017 10:22
To: Kinsey, Paul
<pkinsey AT cardiffmet.ac.uk>;

cat-users AT lists.geant.org

Hi,

> I heard some time ago there were some discussions about auto
> populating the realm after users enter their user Id. My
> understanding is that the installers are customized for each
> institution so could there be some potential in investigating this?
> This is a stumbling block for users (who don't read!) and a hefty
> burden on support services as a result and I'm sure a few universities have
> experienced the same issue.
>
> Any feedback on progress (or not) would be great.

This is going to be a feature of the next feature release. The current master
branch already allows you to tick the boxes "Prefill" and "Verify" in the
admin side. (see attached)

Note that we have varying amounts of control over the supplicants on OSes.
For Windows, it's our own UI and we can implement this, same for Linux and
Android, but on ChromeOS and all Apple devices this is not possible.

Please don't hold your breath - the next version is still maybe half a year
out...

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
Fondation RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de la
Recherche 2, avenue de l'Université
L-4365 Esch-sur-Alzette

Tel: +352 424409 1
Fax: +352 422473

PGP key updated to 4096 Bit RSA - I will encrypt all mails if the recipient's
key is known to me

[Cardiff Metropolitan University - Queens Anniversary Prizes
2015]<http://www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/news/Pages/Cardiff-Met-research-recognised-in-Queens-Anniversary-Prizes-for-Higher-and-Further-Education.aspx>