cat-users - [[cat-users]] ProxyType: Auto on iOS

[[cat-users]] ProxyType: Auto on iOS

  • From: Greg Haverkamp <gahaverkamp AT lbl.gov>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] ProxyType: Auto on iOS
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 16:19:55 -0700

Is there a reason that this is set?

We recently had a user who found himself receiving a TLS certificate error by, it appears, connecting to an inadvertently discovered proxy.  This occurred while connecting on our site, and while it hasn't been a problem that I've heard reported previously and I assume is an isolated event (our security group is investigating), is this a necessary settings at some sites?

Thanks.

Greg