cat-users - [[cat-users]] Problem running eduroam-W10-MSU.exe file

[[cat-users]] Problem running eduroam-W10-MSU.exe file

  • From: "Dawkins, Michael" <michael.dawkins AT msstate.edu>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Problem running eduroam-W10-MSU.exe file
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 19:33:07 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Out sentralized ITS network group gave us the link to cat.eduroam.org so we could run the eduroam-W10-MSU.exe file to autoconfigure our wifi network settings. It will not connect to eduroam on multiple computer after I run this file. We can get it to work properly on some computers, but on others it is not working.

After I add my username and password, a windows 10 popup box appears and asks for a password. When I click on it it goes away. I can manually connect to eduroam but would like the ability to use the exe file to install the connection quickly on multiple devices.

I’m running

Windows 10 Enterprise (x64) Version 1703 (build 15063.608)

On a dell Latitude computer

Dell Inc. Latitude E6520 01

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205 wifi card

I have updated the wifi driver to the latest available.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

BTW. Having the same trouble with a MS Surface Book with the same version of Windows 10.

Michael Dawkins

IT Manager

College of Veterinary Medicine

Mississippi State University