cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] wifi eduroam

Re: [[cat-users]] wifi eduroam

  • From: Martin Pauly <pauly AT hrz.uni-marburg.de>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] wifi eduroam
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 17:48:52 +0200

Hello Jonathan,
My name is Jonathan and I´m a PhD student from Universidad Autonoma de
Madrid. I am right now at the University of Giessen, Germany, for three month
of research stay. Eduroam seems not to work on my phone. It goes well with my
laptop, goes well with my tablet, but as you can see it doesn’t work on my
mobile.
your authentication requests _may_ get stuck somewhere in Giessen (not very
far from our place).
Write to
support AT hrz.uni-giessen.de

To accelerate everything, please try
1. to include the WiFi MAC addresses of all your devices, especially the one
that fails
2. give a subject line that distinguishes your request from dozens of similar
requests (see subject of my reply)
3. (perhaps) to give a hint why you're using an account that doesn't even
remotely relate to your

#3 is optionalk of course, eduroam is about privacy. But it may help
nonetheless.
#1 will hugely help them parse the logs for the device in question and to
quickly
find a precise answer.

Cheers, Martin

--
Dr. Martin Pauly Phone: +49-6421-28-23527
HRZ Univ. Marburg Fax: +49-6421-28-26994