cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Installer-Name suffix

Re: [[cat-users]] Installer-Name suffix

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Hunter Fuller <hf0002 AT uah.edu>, Stefan Meichtry <stefan.meichtry AT ffhs.ch>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Installer-Name suffix
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2017 08:06:05 +0200

Hi!

Okay, if there are more people having (small) issues with this, maybe we
should do something about it then.

I was first thinking of improving the heuristics (maybe only capitals,
which would make things work for cases like UAH; but it doesn't do any
good for FFHS) but then it's also really very easy to add a config
option and give admins full control. So, for the same amount of code to
be written, we can deliver either a partial or a full solution.

I'm thinking of the full solution :-)

So, the next version to come will have a per-profile option to set the
installer basename. It's optional as usual; if it's not set, we'll use
the heuristics still.

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche