cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam connection problem in Europe

Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam connection problem in Europe

  • From: "Francisco J. Medina Jimenez" <fran AT ugr.es>
  • To: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>, Fatmanur Tiryaki <tiryakifatmanur AT hotmail.com>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam connection problem in Europe
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 13:32:58 +0200

Stefan is right.

Boğaziçi University's Configuration guides do not indicate that anonymous identity information needs to be populated.

http://eduroam.boun.edu.tr/kilavuz_dis_ing.php

Regards.

El 13/07/2017 a las 13:08, Stefan Winter escribió:
Hello,

I am a student from Boğaziçi University, Turkey. We have eduroam in our
university. Now, I am doing my internship in Granada University,Spain
and despite they also use eduroam, I can not connect to wifi. Moreover,
when I try to download profile compatible with my university's eduroam,
unfortunately I can not find profile of my university amoung described
profiles from Turkey. Can you please help me with that problem. Thank
you a lot!

Your description implies that you did not use CAT installers initially
when you set up your device at home in Turkey.

When setup correctly, your device should continue to function as usual
when you are roaming in another country.

So, I suspect that the configuration you did initially in Turkey was
partially incorrect, now leading to a roaming problem. The most common
cause with these symptoms is when you forget to add the @realm portion
of the username in your configuration.

It is in principle a good instinct to come to CAT for proper installers.
However, CAT needs to be activated by the university admin in question
and be "fed" with the correct settings by that person, so that it can
generate the correct installers for end-users afterwards. If you do not
find your university in CAT, then your university apparently does not
make use of CAT or intentionally hides the installers from the public
download page.

Only your university's IT support can help you with manual
misconfigurations or explain to you why they do not make use of the CAT
tool.

So, please get in touch with your local IT support at Boğaziçi
University, Turkey.