cat-users - [[cat-users]] Configure CAT with RADIUS proxy servers?

[[cat-users]] Configure CAT with RADIUS proxy servers?

  • From: John Horne <john.horne AT plymouth.ac.uk>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Configure CAT with RADIUS proxy servers?
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 15:50:22 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Hello,

We have started to look at using CAT for our site, but I am having a problem
configuring our main profile. Our setup is that we have 2 front-end RADIUS
servers (running freeradius) which act as proxies to back-end Microsoft AD/NPS
servers.

If I configure CAT with the front-end/proxy servers as the authentication
servers, and use the CA certificate from those servers, then our Windows (7)
clients fail to connect. The problem is reported that the user is trying to
connect to a back-end server, but that server is not listed in our profile.

I cannot configure the back-end servers into the profile since Windows will
then try to connect directly to those servers. This is not allowed; users must
authenticate via the front-end/proxy servers.

So, is it possible to configure CAT to use front-end proxy servers for RADIUS
authentication?

Thanks,

John.

--
John Horne | Senior Operations Analyst | Technology and Information Services
University of Plymouth | Drake Circus | Plymouth | Devon | PL4 8AA | UK

This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient then copying, distribution or other use of the information
contained is strictly prohibited and you should not rely on it. If you have
received this email in error please let the sender know immediately and
delete it from your system(s). Internet emails are not necessarily secure.
While we take every care, Plymouth University accepts no responsibility for
viruses and it is your responsibility to scan emails and their attachments.
Plymouth University does not accept responsibility for any changes made after
it was sent. Nothing in this email or its attachments constitutes an order
for goods or services unless accompanied by an official order form.