cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] [[cat-devel]] Upgrade of SP authentication proxy for eduroam CAT and monitoring services - completed

Re: [[cat-users]] [[cat-devel]] Upgrade of SP authentication proxy for eduroam CAT and monitoring services - completed

  • From: Dubravko Voncina <dubravko.voncina AT srce.hr>
  • To: Zenon Mousmoulas <zmousm AT noc.grnet.gr>
  • Cc: eduroam CAT Feedback <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] [[cat-devel]] Upgrade of SP authentication proxy for eduroam CAT and monitoring services - completed
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 19:05:21 +0100

Yes, I know this is a somewhat dirty solution, but that's because we're
performing a lot of protocol and user data adaptation at SP proxy.
Also, there are many differently configured SAML IdPs in eduGAIN so it's
practically impossible to configure SP proxy completely "by the book" if we
want authentication to work for most users.
Currently, if your IdP doesn't provide attribute
"urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.5923.1.1.1.10", SP proxy checks if IdP provided
persistent NameID in the AuthNResponse subject and forwards this value as
your unique ID attribute to application (we have to translate subject NameID
to attribute because application only knows how to work with certain
attributes).
Thank you very much for your assistance, I hope that authentication to
eduroam CAT and monitoring services will now work for the majority of
"eduGAIN enabled" users.

Dubravko Voncina
Middleware and Data Services Department
University of Zagreb, University Computing Centre, www.srce.unizg.hr
dubravko.voncina AT srce.hr,
tel: +385 98 219273, fax: +385 1 6165559