cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] wildcard certificates supported?

Re: [[cat-users]] wildcard certificates supported?

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] wildcard certificates supported?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 12:51:22 +0100

Hi,
Actually this may be a problem indeed. Windows has a strange approach
to regular expressions in certificate names.
We did have a discussion about that on the list a long time ago and I
have even started implementing something but then gave ups as it
generally seems that wildcard certificates are not a great idea and
people do not really use them.

At this point I do not remember more details.
Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz

twoln AT umk.pl
http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576