cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Problems with Android Client after certificate update

Re: [[cat-users]] Problems with Android Client after certificate update

  • From: Daniele Albrizio <daniele AT albrizio.it>
  • To: Michele de Varda <michele.devarda AT unimi.it>
  • Cc: Claudio Lori <claudio.lori AT unimi.it>, cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Problems with Android Client after certificate update
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 19:47:10 +0100

Android without CAT connects to Eduroam no matter what certificates Radius server presented them and this is very unsecure.

What about clients using eduroam CAT? Did you insert the server certificate too, in old eduroam CAT configuration for your institution? If yes, this may be  the problem: clients may not trust the new certificate because they are clamped to the old. Suggestion for the future is trying to use only the trust anchor needed. That is the intermediate ca certificate.

Daniele Albrizio
University of Trieste.