cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam problems

Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam problems

  • From: A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk
  • To: Maria Brió <maria.brioperez AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam problems
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 09:23:21 +0000

Hi,

> I noticed that I cannot connect to the Eduroam wifi system at my faculty,
> because I can't find my home institution at the Eduroam configuration. My
> home university is "Universitat de Barcelona (UB)", and I tried searching
> it in different ways but I couldn't find it.

a few possibilities

1) when you choose the country list you have it only showing the local
country....choose all countries

2) however, I have also looked and there are 2 Barcelona entries - neither
appear
to be your home org so
a) they have not set up their profile correctly (and/or havent set
'Production Ready'
b) they arent in eduroamCAT

however, your site doesnt NEED to be in eduroamCAT for you to use eduroam
they will provide their own instructions/connectivity tools, read here:

http://www.ub.edu/iub/eduroam/inici.html

alan