cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT tool - Android

Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT tool - Android

  • From: A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk
  • To: Aamar Usman <Aamar.Usman AT bcu.ac.uk>
  • Cc: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT tool - Android
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 13:31:14 +0000

Hi,

> I've recently been made aware that our institution Birmingham City
> University cannot be searched using the Eduroam Tool (downloadable from
> the Google Play store - as below). Can you please provide guidance on how
> to get listed?

you need to create an eduroamCAT profile to be listed - its an entirely
seperate ecosystem. your eduroam admin needs to follow the guidance here:

https://community.jisc.ac.uk/library/janet-services-documentation/eduroam-cat-configuration-assistance-tool

however, an invite to the system has already been sent...and used, Tim
logged in , the profile is complete..... it just needs 'Production Ready'
to be enabled as a new option on the EAP profile.....then users will see
it in the selection list! :)

alan