cat-users - [[cat-users]] Institution

[[cat-users]] Institution

  • From: Alexander Holm <goremesh AT gmail.com>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Institution
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 11:27:33 +0200

To whom it may concern,

I am a student in Sweden and our institution does not use CAT as an onboarding service, instead it uses a pretty darn useless and outdated method of installing separate certificates which does not always work.

I complained to them and suggested them using CAT instead since it seems to be quite good and is widespread among other universities in Sweden. They responded that CAT is quite expensive and that they therefore chose not to use it.

Is CAT expensive? How much does the university pay?

Väl mött,
Alexander Holm