cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] cant connect due to macbook being to low of a version

Re: [[cat-users]] cant connect due to macbook being to low of a version

  • From: A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk
  • To: kenjie verzosa <kenjieverzosa AT hotmail.com>
  • Cc: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] cant connect due to macbook being to low of a version
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 21:39:05 +0000

Hi,
> hi my macbook pro is version 10.6.8 which means i cannot download a
> configuration for my macbook, and i cant update software due to me not
> having internet

the eduroamCAT tool uses the Apple profile system - introduced to OSX in Lion
release
(10.7) - but his doesnt stop you from using eduroam - you just need to go to
your network
settings (under System Preferences->Network) then click on advanced, select
the 802.1x
tab and configure the eduroam settings as advised by your home organisation.

many thanks

alan