cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Adding institutions to eduroam CAT

Re: [[cat-users]] Adding institutions to eduroam CAT

  • From: A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk
  • To: Andranik Hayrapetyan <andranik.h89 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cat-users AT lists.geant.org, Hrachya Astsatryan <hrach AT sci.am>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Adding institutions to eduroam CAT
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 19:54:14 +0000

Hi,

> I am an administrator of Eduroam FRL, and I'd like to know how exactly I
> can add institutional Eduroam servers to the list of existing
> institutions
> in the https://cat.eduroam.org/ website.

as an NRO admin, you get added as such to the system. then, how you
add/enable
each institution to the list is down to you - you can either add them using
the API
or you populate the eduroam DB with organisation info (as you should be doing
anyway)
and then invite them as admins (they get a special email with token/link).

if you ran your own instance, they would NOT appear on that list.... you
would have some
independant eduroamCAT site that would be in isolation.

more info here:

https://wiki.geant.org/display/H2eduroam/A+guide+to+eduroam+CAT+for+federation+administrators

many thanks

alan