cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] App and web doesn't see the same profile.

Re: [[cat-users]] App and web doesn't see the same profile.

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Nicolás Velázquez <nicolas.velazquez AT uam.es>, cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] App and web doesn't see the same profile.
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 15:26:50 +0200

Hello,

> 1.-Using the Eduroam CAT app only, we can see the entry of our
> university. But if we touch the button for the main profile for us
> (UAM), the app shows an error message saying
>
> “Configuration file error. Try to download the profile again” (In Spanish).

I just tried that with the UAM profile in the latest version and it
works just fine. Are you using the latest production version 1.1.28 of
the app?

> 2.-Using web navigation trough Eduroam CAT portal we can select again
> our main profile (UAM) and selecting it, it opens Eduroam CAT app. Then,
> the profile can be installed successfully using the app.
>
> Both methods use a profile downloaded from Eduroam CAT. First method use
> a profile downloaded by the app alone, and the second use a profile
> downloaded by the web, but used also by the app.
>
> What can we do to check the difference between the downloaded profiles
> using each method?.
>
> Why the two downloaded profiles are not the same?
>
> I don’t understand why the first method is unsuccessful and the second
> goes well.

Nor do I. The two files are identical; the difference is in delivery
from an API call versus good old HTTPS.

And I can't reproduce it with your UAM profile; so I'm a bit at a loss.

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche
2, avenue de l'Université