cat-users - [[cat-users]] App and web doesn't see the same profile.

[[cat-users]] App and web doesn't see the same profile.

  • From: Nicolás Velázquez <nicolas.velazquez AT uam.es>
  • To: <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] App and web doesn't see the same profile.
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 14:52:03 +0200

Hello,

I am one of the wireless managers of our university.

We are very happy with Eduroam CAT app for Android but  we think it has one problem.

It has been checked using several Android phones (6.0, 5.1).

1.-Using the Eduroam CAT app only, we can see the entry of our university. But  if we touch the button for the main profile for us (UAM), the app shows an error message saying

“Configuration file error. Try to download the profile again” (In Spanish).

2.-Using web navigation trough Eduroam CAT portal we can select again our main profile (UAM) and selecting it, it opens Eduroam CAT app. Then, the profile can be installed successfully using the app.

Both methods use a profile downloaded from Eduroam CAT. First method use a profile downloaded by the app alone, and the second use a profile downloaded by the web, but used also by the app.

What can we do to check the difference between the downloaded profiles using each method?.

Why the two downloaded profiles are not the same?

I don’t understand why the first method is unsuccessful and the second goes well.

I’m sorry if this question has been said in this list but I can´t read all the threads due to diary work.;-))

Thank you very much in advance.

Nicolás

Nicolás Velázquez Campoy
Unidad Técnica de Comunicaciones / Tecnologías de la Información
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid • Ciudad Universitaria de Cantoblanco
Edificio B Escuela Politécnica Superior, despacho TI-205 • c/ Francisco Tomás y Valiente nº 11. 28049 Madrid
Teléfono: 91 497 33 21 • Fax: 91 497 27 94

nicolas.velazquez AT uam.es
cid:part1.05000200.07030803@uam.escid:part2.06090906.03020005@uam.es