cat-users - [[cat-users]] Error with Windows 10 clients

[[cat-users]] Error with Windows 10 clients

  • From: Quentin Fourreaux <quentin.fourreaux AT unicaen.fr>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Error with Windows 10 clients
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 11:31:12 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Sirs,

My name is Quentin FOURREAUX, I am a computer network technician in a French University located in Alençon City (part of the Caen-Normandie University).

I am sending you an issue encountered for joining Eduroam network with the last versions of Windows 10 OS clients.

This problem is not solved with .exe found at https://cat.eduroam.org/.

These Windows 10 clients cannot connect to the WPA2 Entreprise network Eduroam without downgrade TLS version in Windows to 1.0, which is not an approved secured version : we have to create a dword value in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RasMan\PPP\EAP\13 : TlsVersion:0x000000c0, which is Microsoft recommendation. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3121002.

Would it better if this register modification being integrated in the .exe file, or if the servers being upgraded ?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best Regards

Quentin FOURREAUX

Phone: + 33.2.33.80.85.10

Email address: quentin.fourreaux AT unicaen.fr

Service Informatique

Campus universitaire d'Alençon - Site de Montfoulon

61250 DAMIGNY

Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m to 5:30 p.m (5:00 p.m on Friday)