cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT Tool - installation error

Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT Tool - installation error

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: "Kinsey, Paul" <pkinsey AT cardiffmet.ac.uk>, "'cat-users AT lists.geant.org'" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT Tool - installation error
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 13:58:50 +0200

Hi,

    This is a first report that the installation should fail for non-admin users, but then you say that it also fails for admin ones. I have just tested an installer on both Window 7 and Windows 10 for a "normal" user without admin privileges. The certificate is installed in user's cert store.

I have also tried the installer for Cardiff Metropolitan University - this seems to work fine as well.

You could try to run the installer with -DEBUG=4 option and see if the log file will contain any useful information. You could also check if you can run commands listed in the log "by hand".

Perhaps there is some other security stuff on these machines that is blocking the certificate installation.

Cheers

Tomasz