cat-users - [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT Tool - installation error

[[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT Tool - installation error

  • From: "Kinsey, Paul" <pkinsey AT cardiffmet.ac.uk>
  • To: "'cat-users AT lists.geant.org'" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT Tool - installation error
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 09:36:43 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

Hi,

We have started to use the Eduroam CAT tool to connect our staff and students to Eduroam thus moving away from XpressConnect.  What we have noticed is that to use the tool and to be able to install the certificates you have to be logged on as the local administrator of the device (Windows 7, 10 etc) otherwise the installer fails.  Even if you are in the Administrators group, it still fails with the Cert-0 error… local administrator is fine however.

So have you seen this problem before and would you know of a resolution?  Cardiff Met owned equipment that we give to staff – staff are not Administrators but power user so asking them to connect using CAT fails?

Any ideas? Or can you confirm that you must have a local admin account to install – not just be part of Administrators?

Ta

PS I don’t have screen shots at this present time but can get them.

Paul Kinsey

IT Advisor Team Manager

IT Support Services

Cardiff Metropolitan University.

Cardiff Metropolitan University - Queens Anniversary Prizes 2015