cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Linux installer: upcoming behaviour change

Re: [[cat-users]] Linux installer: upcoming behaviour change

  • From: Louis Twomey <louis.twomey AT heanet.ie>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Linux installer: upcoming behaviour change
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 10:40:42 +0100

Hi Tomasz,
Sorry for a late reply to this discussion.

Personally, I'd like to keep the flexibility of having a
wpa_supplicant.conf available for "technical" end-users to use. I think
such users are a minority though, so the current behaviour of the Linux
installer is not necessary/"suitable" in most cases.

What about changing the current behaviour of the Linux installer so that
it doesn't create wpa_supplicant.conf, but also change eduroam CAT to
make wpa_supplicant.conf available directly via the installer list
there? That would eliminate concerns about files left on the Linux
devices of non-technical end-users, but still makes the file (more
easily) accessible to technical end-users.

If those two changes involved a lot of work though then that would be
hard to justify, I think.

Regards,
Louis.

--
HEAnet Limited
louis.twomey AT heanet.ie

--- Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail ---