cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] CAT tool suggestion

Re: [[cat-users]] CAT tool suggestion

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: "bob findlay (NBI)" <Bob.Findlay AT nbi.ac.uk>, "'cat-users AT lists.geant.org'" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] CAT tool suggestion
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 16:04:10 +0200

Hello,

> We have multiple email domains and one eduroam domain. It is not
> obvious to our users that they have to specify the eduroam domain when
> using CAT, so they will often put in their email domain. As CAT knows
> what the eduroam domain should be can the Android and Windows apps be
> changed so that they enforce the eduroam domain? i.e. if there is no
> @something add the @eduroamdomain and if there is an @something which is
> not correct, replace it with @eduroamdomain?

We are currently working on this. CAT 1.2 will have the options to
a) verify the user input as the user hits Enter or equivalent
b) prefill the input field with the realm suffix as a hint

> Also, on Android if the user does not have location services enabled,
> the CAT tool just says “nothing within 50km”. Instead of this, can it
> give the list of all organisations so the user can choose?

This is also being worked on.

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche

Tel: +352 424409 1
Fax: +352 422473

recipient's key is known to me

  • Re: [[cat-users]] CAT tool suggestion, Stefan Winter, 04/14/2016