cat-users - [[cat-users]] Anti-Virus False Positive

[[cat-users]] Anti-Virus False Positive

  • From: Shaun Willetts <S.J.Willetts AT bham.ac.uk>
  • To: "'cat-users AT lists.geant.org'" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Anti-Virus False Positive
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 15:16:49 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

Good afternoon,

One of our users has reported that the University of Birmingham Eduroam CAT is being flagged as malware in their Norton 360 AV software. We have checked this on VirusTotal and it appears to be being reported by a small number of other AV engines.

We suspect this to be a false-positive based on the behaviour of the tool (possible its insertion into autoruns). I have attached a screenshot of the VirusTotal results.

Thanks,

Shaun Willetts

Shaun Willetts
Service Desk Technical Analyst