cat-users - RE: [[cat-users]] The new signature on mobileconfig files

RE: [[cat-users]] The new signature on mobileconfig files

  • From: Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk>
  • To: Patrik Holmqvist <patrik.holmqvist AT su.se>, Hans Berggren <hansb AT kth.se>
  • Cc: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: RE: [[cat-users]] The new signature on mobileconfig files
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 18:35:58 +0000

Hmmm. Well I've announced this issue to the UK community anyway. Better to highlight it so any client weirdness doesn't come out of the blue

So. We're going to have clients that don't trust the profile. What happens then is down to the device and various other settings - user gets prompted about untrusted profile. Does the profile go if device is reloaded? Can user just accept once or is nagged each time they turn wifi on/off? Etc.

Basically, "if you see an issue, install a new CAT profile" is probably the best line now

alan