cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] cat.eduroam.org down?

Re: [[cat-users]] cat.eduroam.org down?

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] cat.eduroam.org down?
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 12:37:07 +0100

Unfortunately the cause of the failure is worse then I expected.
It was the database overload failure but caused not by the DB itself but
by the hung token signing.
This was causing delays, which in turn was overloading the database
connections.

I have now introduced timeouts which will cause signing attempts to fail
and report an error to the user, but with only one hardware token we
have no fall-back at the moment.

Still this is better then a hung database, as the installers generated
in the past are cached and will be served.
Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz

twoln AT umk.pl
http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576