cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Problema interconexion eduroam UAH - UPM Madrid

Re: [[cat-users]] Problema interconexion eduroam UAH - UPM Madrid

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Jesús Carlos Diego Rodríguez <jesus_cdr AT hotmail.com>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Cc: "\"cau"@uah.es
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Problema interconexion eduroam UAH - UPM Madrid
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 11:47:46 +0100

Hello,

thanks for getting in touch.

The uah.es server certificate is signed with the old SHA-1 algorithm (at
least the CAT information shows that the expected intermediate CA is the
old TERENA SSL CA). The probable cause of your issues is that Windows 10
does not consider SHA-1 server certificates and/or intermediate CAs
valid any more.

There is nothing you as an end user can do about it. Only your IT
administrator can do something: get a SHA-256 certificate, as has been
advocated numerous times on several mailing lists.

I'm cc'ing the UAH helpdesk.

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche