cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Trooble using Eduroam Installer, help needed

Re: [[cat-users]] Trooble using Eduroam Installer, help needed

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Sverrir Davíðsson <sverrir AT thekking.is>, eduroam CAT Feedback <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Trooble using Eduroam Installer, help needed
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 14:11:49 +0100

Hello,

thanks. It looks like the client very rightfully rejects to talk to your
server.

The incoming server certificate in the eduroam production network is:

Subject: OU=Domain Control Validated, CN=lhi-dc01.lhi.is
Issuer: C=US, ST=Arizona, L=Scottsdale, O=GoDaddy.com, Inc.,
OU=http://certs.godaddy.com/repository/, CN=Go Daddy Secure Certificate
Authority - G2

But the CA certificate you have uploaded to CAT is:

Subject: C=US, O=The Go Daddy Group, Inc., OU=Go Daddy Class 2
Certification Authority

Note how the CAT-configured CA misses the "G2" suffix and is generally
just totally different.

So, you configure devices to trust only CA A, but then during the
authentication you send a certificate issued by CA B.

That's exactly what I meant in my original post - the client-side
security checks are there for a reason, and a failing authentication is
a GoodThing in such cases :-)

You should delete the old CA (no suffix a.k.a. "G1") from the CAT config
and upload the correct one (G2).

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche