cat-users - [[cat-users]] Trooble using Eduroam Installer, help needed

[[cat-users]] Trooble using Eduroam Installer, help needed

  • From: Sverrir Davíðsson <sverrir AT thekking.is>
  • To: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>, eduroam CAT Feedback <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Trooble using Eduroam Installer, help needed
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 11:14:32 +0000
  • Accept-language: is-IS, en-US

Hi my name is Sverrir,
I have been setting up a IdP for the Iceland Academy of the Arts.

Radius Authentication works, but we are unable to us the Installer.

I´m having trouble getting the Installer (EXE) setup to work against our SSID.

We are able to connect directly to “eduroam” SSID without the use of the Installer, user gets authenticated and connected no problem.

But when we try to use the Installer, there is something of with the creation of the wifi Profile, users will not get connected and my RADIUS complains about user mismatch.

I see that the User Security ID is NULL when using the Installer.

I have tested this on both windows 10 and 8,1.

I see at the top of the page that CAT vas recently updraded to versions 1.1.1, could that be the root of my problems?

All attach some more info regarding our Wifi troubles.

Radius: Windows Server 2012R2

Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)

                Secure Password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)

Cert: Public SSL from GoDaddy

AP: Cisco

Logs from Radius and Client when Connecting to eduroam

Connecting directly to eduroam (Without Installer), See attachement :  Eduroam-NonInstaller.txt

Connecting to eduroam (With Installer), See attachement : Eduroam-Installer.txt

Best Regards

Sverrir Davíðsson

Skilmálar / Disclaimer