cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Eduroam not working in other universities than mine

Re: [cat-users] Eduroam not working in other universities than mine

  • From: A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk
  • To: José M. Giménez-García <jose.gimenez.garcia AT univ-st-etienne.fr>
  • Cc: "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Eduroam not working in other universities than mine
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 13:41:23 +0000

> I am a PhD student at Universite Jean Monnet of Saint-Etienne. I
> configured my Windows 10 laptop using the tool downloaded at
> https://cat.eduroam.org. While it works when I am at Jean Monnet
> buildings, it seems that it doesn't work outside. It doesn't work in
> Ecole
> des Mines (also Saint-Etienne), for example, and I am currently at
> university of Bonn (Germany) and I cannot connect to Eduroam.

did you log in with full username format - eg userid@realm rather than
just userid ? it sounds like you did and that your site allows
such non-realm logins (which means it will work locally but nowhere else)

re-run the eduroamCAT tool and login with full userid/realm rather than
just userid if this is the case

alan