cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Test of Wired Ethernet configurations

Re: [cat-users] Test of Wired Ethernet configurations

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Lars Rökaeus <lars.rokaeus AT gu.se>, cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Test of Wired Ethernet configurations
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 08:51:32 +0100

instead for checking for the obvious, I started checking if CAT
Windows installers work properly - they do, however the one for
University of Gothenburg does not have the wired option set. To enable
it you need to go into the IdP settings and within the Media properties
you need to add the "Configure Wired Ethernet" option and select the
checkbox which will appear. When you save the settings the installers
should have the wired option enabled. Windows installers will now
require admin rights to run, as they may need to start the .1x
configuration service on user's system.

Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz

twoln AT umk.pl
http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576