cat-users - Re: [cat-users] EDUROAM - unipd

Re: [cat-users] EDUROAM - unipd

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: cat-users AT geant.net, erika.antonello23 AT gmail.com
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] EDUROAM - unipd
  • Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 08:47:29 +0100

> I'm an italian girl from Padua and I tried to connect my computer with
> eduroam without success because the university of Padua / Padova is not
> in the list of the home institutions.
> Can you solve the problem?

eduroam CAT is an optional support system for eduroam Identity Providers
(what you call home institutions).

According to my records, University of Padova is an eduroam participant
and entitled to enlist themselves for eduroam CAT. If they have not done
so yet, that's their own choice (consciously chosen or not). The
university needs to approach their eduroam National Roaming Operator
(NRO, in your case the Consortium GARR) to get an invitation token.

In the absence of using CAT, they can provide their own configuration
instructions locally. You should check whether that is the case (e.g.
ask at your IT support).

Unless you are yourself the administrator of the University, there is
little you can do to make this happen, except for nagging your IT
department. We can't do anything either, as the decision to authorise an
institution for CAT or not lies with the NRO.

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche
6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi