cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Issue with CAT on MacOS Mavericks

Re: [cat-users] Issue with CAT on MacOS Mavericks

  • From: A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk
  • To: Julien CABESSUT <julien.cabessut AT univ-tlse2.fr>
  • Cc: cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Issue with CAT on MacOS Mavericks
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 19:28:18 +0000

> I've encountered the following issue when using CAT on a
> Mavericks-based MacBook Air : the wireless profile installs just
> fine on the system, but when trying to connect to eduroam a system
> message appears, telling me that the system was unable to verify the
> identity of the authentication server.

TERENA cert in use? theres this issue of the root CA being a root or
intermediate
(it used to be root) - I've seen recently, on a few Mavericks systems, that
the Addtrust (which should be intermediate) is a root...in the users personal
certificate store..... i'm not deciding to blame this on web sites that are
still
feding out that cert bundle when people do https: to some sites... the Mac
then gets
that cert which someone passes root validation (because Apple have regressed
their knowledge??
after all, they have fed it out as root on recent iOS releases)

anyway, check with the keychain tool to see what addtrust you can find and
delete the erroneous
one (now thinking the eduroamCAT tool will have to do such a thing....)

alan