cat-users - Re: [cat-users] CAT reporting no CA certificate file

Re: [cat-users] CAT reporting no CA certificate file

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Bill Byers <b.byers AT ed.ac.uk>, cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] CAT reporting no CA certificate file
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 11:29:23 +0100

Hello Bill,

my only guess here is that you may have uploaded a number of
intermediate CA certs, but not the root CA.

A self-signed root CA is *required* for secure installation, while the
intermediates are optional.

You can identify a self-signed root in the CAT UI by a blue-circled "R"
besides it; intermediates show as "I".

If you do see a "R" CA in the UI, then complaining about its
non-existence would be a bug.