cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Managing Federation Problem

Re: [cat-users] Managing Federation Problem

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Gerencia Tecnica RENATA <tecnico AT renata.edu.co>, cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Managing Federation Problem
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 08:20:14 +0200

Hello Javier,

the symptoms you describe are due to a hard-coded list of "eduroam
countries" which does not yet contain CO => Colombia just yet.

This is fixed for CAT 1.1, but I have also just instructed eduroam
Operations to apply a trivial hotfix to the production version so that
your problem should go away later today or in the next days.

For CAT 1.1, every single ccTLD on the planet is listed proactively, so
problems like this one should not repeat themselves. That is, unless
political circumstances lead to the creation of new countries and
associated new ccTLDs.

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche