cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Linux installer questions

Re: [cat-users] Linux installer questions

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Ole Frendved Hansen <olef AT dtu.dk>, "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Linux installer questions
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 22:34:25 +0200

About the shell escapes, it is not as bad as it sounds.
The problem will only appear if the password matches some file names in
the current directory. This is not something that is likely to happen
with REAL user passwords. A more painful effect is used by quote
characters.

I have already tested a workaround that should take care of all these
problems and it will be present in the next release.

Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz

twoln AT umk.pl
http://www.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication
Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576