cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Linux installer questions

Re: [cat-users] Linux installer questions

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Linux installer questions
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 16:18:38 +0200

Normally, the installer interfaces with NetworkManager settings via dBus and installs the password the same way as NetworkManager does, therefore security risks are the same.

Password is only stored in plaintext when the wpa_supplicant config file is written, i.e. when NM installation fails. We could display a warning about this telling the user to delete it if he does not want it.

Special shell characters - looks like an important problem. I will look into it. Thanks
Tomasz