cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Spelling error on eduroam CAT website

Re: [cat-users] Spelling error on eduroam CAT website

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>, A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk
  • Cc: cat-users AT geant.net, scott.nielsen AT usu.edu
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Spelling error on eduroam CAT website
  • Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 16:30:41 +0100

First,
let's not forget that English originates from Great Britan...

Secondly, with so many variants of English we must stick to a consistent
spelling. English (GB) is my selected Thunderbird language,
English (Australian) is another option, therefore I expect there are
differences, thus I would stick to marrkong the version as we now do.
Since in 1.1 we should probably move towards a select rather then list
of languages, then we can incorporate as many versions of English as
people like. Perhaps for US users an American version automatically
selected by the browser would be more friendly.

Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz

twoln AT umk.pl
http://www.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication
Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576