cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Spelling error on eduroam CAT website

Re: [cat-users] Spelling error on eduroam CAT website

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk, Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • Cc: cat-users AT geant.net, scott.nielsen AT usu.edu
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Spelling error on eduroam CAT website
  • Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 16:05:02 +0100

Hi,

> ....and elsewhere that adopted the 's' rather than 'z' - I think South
> Africa, Australia and New Zealand... only the north american continent
> chose the 'z' form (and of similar words where s/z are interoperable
> ;-) ) alan

Luckily, we avoid all such ambiguity by labelling the language
"English(GB)" in the language selection bar. (And anyone who feels like
it could volunteer for the English (US)" variant :-)

However, as I write this, I wonder if the "GB" in itself is an incorrect
thing to write. GB? UK? "English (most parts of the world exclusing US
and a few others)", "English (parts of the world which still haven't
picked up 'z')" ?

If we are in some way politically incorrect on the CAT interface, please
do speak up :-)

Stefan