cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Snow Leopard

Re: [cat-users] Snow Leopard

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: toby fenton <toby.fenton AT pirbright.ac.uk>
  • Cc: "'cat-users AT geant.net'" <cat-users AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Snow Leopard
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 14:12:41 +0200

Hi,

> Please can you let me know if there is a profile for snow leopard.

Apple Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard did not support the notion of profiles;
this was introduced with 10.7 Lion.

We have unfinished code which can automatically set up 10.6 for eduroam
by way of executing a script of sorts (it's not my code, please don't
ask me too in-depth questions).

The code is not finished, and given that Snow Leopard is dying away I
would be surprised if we'd find volunteers with enough dedication to
brush it up to release quality.

If you are such a volunteer, please get back to me for more detailed
instructions on getting the code, setting up a development box, and
module writing instructions for the 10.6 device module.

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche

Tel: +352 424409 1