cat-users - Re: [cat-users] EDUROAM CAT misbehaviour?

Re: [cat-users] EDUROAM CAT misbehaviour?

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Rui Ribeiro <Rui.Ribeiro AT iscte.pt>
  • Cc: cat-users AT geant.net, Pedro Simões <psimoes AT fccn.pt>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] EDUROAM CAT misbehaviour?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 08:12:10 +0200

Hello,

> I am the administrator of iscte-iul IdP, together with
> psimoes AT fccn.pt;
>
> We have been trying to setup the EDUROAM CAT; given it the CA file,
> however when setting up the EAP profiles, it complaints it wasn't
> given any.
>
> I am doing something wrong, or is just a bug?

First off, sorry for not replying earlier.

Then, I think I was able to open your attachment at one point, but today
it consistently crashes my JPG viewer. :-(

Do I remember correctly that your certificate had a blue circled "I"
besides it?

If so, then you uploaded an *Intermediate* CA certificate (or even the
server certificate itself; the current version doesn't distinguish
these), which is not enough to establish trust on the user device. You
need to upload the *root* CA certificate (which will have a blue circled
"R" besides it); and you can optionally upload the intermediates. If you
don't upload the intermediates, you'll need to send them during the EAP
conversation along with your RADIUS server certificate.

Note that this is not a CAT bug; CAT merely makes you aware of the fact
that your EAP properties as uploaded are insufficient for a secure
deployment. So, it's more like a feature than a bug :-)

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche
6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi