cat-users - Re: [cat-users] IPAD download issue

Re: [cat-users] IPAD download issue

  • From: José Manuel Macías <jmanuel.macias AT rediris.es>
  • To: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • Cc: "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>, aaron street <aaron.street AT pirbright.ac.uk>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] IPAD download issue
  • Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 09:09:25 +0200

El 31/08/13 15:32, Tomasz Wolniewicz escribió:
> Android we hope to be able to support with an installer, but about the
> instructions area, this is something we have been considering and we are
> planning at least to explore the possibility.

not sure if this fits here, but let me remind you the desire from some
admins to also let them provide in eduroam CAT alternative links for
unsupported platforms, either for instructions or for a download link to
an unofficial installer (in platforms not supported by CAT officially).
I wonder if also a link to download certificates for the selected
institution would be desirable (I'm thinking in some 'ancient' Nokia
devices).

On the other hand, I remember we had the discussion about linking to a
KB database containing articles with instructions for installing eduroam
in devices/OSs where an installer is not possible. Maybe that database
could be a good place to also warn users if the platform is not suitable
for being configured securely... what do you think?

atb,

jose.

  • Re: [cat-users] IPAD download issue, José Manuel Macías, 09/02/2013