cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Windows 8

Re: [cat-users] Windows 8

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: "Angel, Judy" <admyet4 AT herts.ac.uk>
  • Cc: "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>, Mailcon2 <e.4.test AT herts.ac.uk>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Windows 8
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 19:12:17 +0200

I assume that you use TTLS/PAP. Windows 8 has internal support for this.
Earlier Windows versions do not have TTLS and we add it by installing
SecureW2 (GPL version).

If you used PEAP then we would be able to install user credentials
during the installation process, with Windows 8 and TTLS we have not yet
managed to future this out. Reboot is not necessary. You should just
choose connect to eduroam or just wait for the system to try by itself.
The system should pop up the credentials prompt and one attempt should
be enough, unless there is a network problem which breaks the login process.

Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz

twoln AT umk.pl
http://www.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication
Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576

  • [cat-users] Windows 8, Angel, Judy, 06/24/2013
    • Re: [cat-users] Windows 8, Tomasz Wolniewicz, 06/24/2013