cat-users - Re: [cat-users] How do we get on the CAT

Re: [cat-users] How do we get on the CAT

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: cat-users AT geant.net
  • Cc: leigh.jones AT surrey.ac.uk
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] How do we get on the CAT
  • Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 18:03:39 +0200

Hello Leigh,

We are eduroam providers, how do we get our institution on the CAT website ?

Thanks for your inquiry!

Admin access to the "default" instance of the CAT software (https://cat.eduroam.org) is granted by the respective national roaming operator (NRO) of eduroam in your country. Being based in the United Kingdom, your NRO is Ja.net (www.ja.net). You're most certainly aware of their generic contact point ( https://www.ja.net/products-services/janet-connect/eduroam ) but I'm sure you have more direct contacts with the NRO.

Since I'm not part of eduroam U.K. myself, my information about enrollment from within the U.K. is limited; but FWIW: I believe there is "the support server" where you have a login, and I believe there is some button or other means of communication to indicate to Ja.net that you want to have an account. Once they are aware of your desire, they can push the magic button :-)

HTH,