cat-users - [cat-users] A question about CAT and my test system

[cat-users] A question about CAT and my test system

  • From: "White, Ian" <ianw AT nerc.ac.uk>
  • To: "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>
  • Subject: [cat-users] A question about CAT and my test system
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 11:22:53 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-GB
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-GB

I am in the process of implementing a home site for the Natural Environment Research Council (N.E.R.C.) and I’m about to investigate client configuration.

I presently have a test system that is registered on support.roaming.ja.net, and my status is “working towards home compliance” and as such cannot obtain a CAT invite.

I have no means of testing my home service via our own visited site at present, as the visited implementation is a long way away;  so hoped to use CAT to preconfigure and then test at a nearby university.

To complete the home compliance I will need to setup a web page for our users to obtain the configuration settings, but want to use CAT for this – but cannot until the home compliance is complete- Catch 22!

Is it possible/allowed to set my test systems compliance to  “complies with home requirements” to obtain a token for Cat and then use in testing/producing our web page?   Or is Cat only usable for full production systems?

Thanks for any advice, as this is all new to me and I need to get a proof of concept running ASAP.

Regards

Ian