cat-users - [cat-users] Problem with certificate chains in CAT beta1

[cat-users] Problem with certificate chains in CAT beta1

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: cat-users AT geant.net, "eduroam AT geant.net" <eduroam AT geant.net>
  • Subject: [cat-users] Problem with certificate chains in CAT beta1
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 14:06:59 +0100

Spanish colleagues have reported a bug in CAT beta1 Windows
installers. Since it is rather serious, I decided to notify a wider
audience.

It turns out that CAT is not installing certificates of intermediate
CAs. I was pushing them into improper certificate store and was not
handling the installation error. Unfortunately the only workaround at
this moment is to install those CAs manually. All Windows versions are
affected.

Since the root CA does get installed properly, only IdPs which use
certificate chains will observe this bug.

Those playing with cat.eduroam.pl can try the fixed version. Of course
the bug will be fixed in Beta2

Tomasz

  • [cat-users] Problem with certificate chains in CAT beta1, Tomasz Wolniewicz, 11/01/2012