cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Comments to the last version of CAT

Re: [cat-users] Comments to the last version of CAT

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Comments to the last version of CAT
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 08:11:32 +0200

> W dniu 2012-05-14 07:58, Stefan Winter pisze:
>> What I could imagine is: when the admin enters something without
>> protocol discriminator ( :// ), we could add http:// *but* put a warning
>> on screen asking whether that is really what he wanted. Would you find
>> that a good solution?
> Or perhaps simply refuse to take a value without the protocol identifier.
> A redirect *must* be an external link and we should require a *proper* URL.

That's an option, too. It's a tradeoff between user-friendliness (i.e.
support for laziness comes included ;-) ) or correctness. The latter
get's into many people's way - I've encountered countless "URLs" in ads
or mails which didn't have a protocol, it's just a bit geeky-odd to be
pedantic in that respect.
Then of course, we *are* geeks :-)

Let's see if others have a preference...

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche