cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Comments to the last version of CAT

Re: [cat-users] Comments to the last version of CAT

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Comments to the last version of CAT
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 07:58:57 +0200

> d) on the main page for the administrator there is no information as is the
> procedure for defining new institution. - The approach is not intuitive (I
> had such information also from other people). I suggest either put the
> information that after declaration of the new organization will be sent an
> email with token to its configuration or adding a message such as "email was
> sent with a token.",

The SVN version already displays a notification "The invitation email
has been sent successfully." (or will warn if not, e.g. destination
address doesn't exist).

Also, please keep in mind that the current deployment, i.e. that
everyone can create new institutions as he likes, is only for easier
testing. In the final version, only federation admins are allowed to
create new institutions - a normal institution admin won't get in touch
with the whole invitation system until he receives the initial
invitation mail.

> e) is unambiguous that the field contains the address of the page to
> redirect "http://"; is required. It seems to me that it would be better if
> they added automatically?

It doesn't require http:// at all. It could be https://. Or other crazy
things - e.g. for individual device redirects, it could also be a direct
link to a PDF residing on an ftp:// server...). In any case, it's a bit
dangerous to just guess.

What I could imagine is: when the admin enters something without
protocol discriminator ( :// ), we could add http:// *but* put a warning
on screen asking whether that is really what he wanted. Would you find
that a good solution?

Greetings,

Stefan

--