cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Little... bug?

Re: [cat-users] Little... bug?

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Little... bug?
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 08:57:47 +0200

>>> I wonder what Stefan will say to this, as I have raised this before.
>>> Possibly his answer will be that if the admin wishes the configurator to
>>> be broken then this is his right :).
>> You are right, but the problem is not only in the configurator but also
>> in the user interface... I'm seeing for Spain two home institutions
>> named '0' in the list... I only know what institutions are thanks to the
>> logo... :(
> Certainly :). Frankly I would make the All-lang option mandatory.

Well, first off, the UI sets "all languages" by default unless you
decide to touch and break it :-)

I take your point though that
a) the warning should be a little more verbose
b) "0" is not the greatest of strings to display

For a), making it bold is one thing, but I could also imagine that after
hitting the "Submit" button, when all the values are sanity-checked, we
could make a yellow "exclamation mark" warning that users who do not
select language x will not get an institution name. (The same type of
warning that you get when having configured an EAP type, but not all the
needed details for the EAP type are known)

For b) I'm open for suggestions - "Undefined" or "Unnamed Institution"
or ...?

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche