rare-users - Re: [RARE-users] [freertr] RARE/RARE-NIX - Commits pushed

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

Re: [RARE-users] [freertr] RARE/RARE-NIX - Commits pushed

  • From: Alexander Gall <>
  • To: mc36 <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [RARE-users] [freertr] RARE/RARE-NIX - Commits pushed
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 14:11:52 +0200
  • Mailing-list: list ; contact

On Mon, 26 Jun 2023 13:32:34 +0200, mc36 <> said:

> niceee!!! newer jre newer kernel....

Note that this commit is on a separate branch for testing. It doesn't
work yet.

> even jre21~ is out and works better for me than anything else...

JDK 19 is the newest in nixpkgs 23.05.

> also consider compiling on debian12 as it's out for a month or so....

I'm aware of that. Unfortunately, the SDE kernel modules don't compile
on the new kernel (not even for 9.13.0). It's probably not too hard to
fix but now that Intel has killed Tofino completely I don't expect
that to happen any more (9.13 is likely the last SDE, I guess). Also,
the modules for the various BSPs might not compile for the 6.3 kernel
either (haven't tried that yet).

> my builds not to mention my homenet is finee on that stuff....

> kernel 6.3, openssl 3.1, openjdk 21 is what im fine at line rate 180gbps /
> i9 notebook cpu _core_

> http://www.freertr.org/present/p4emu-bench1.png

> in general, the newer the better software:

> https://groups.io/g/freertr/message/1462

> and the whole thread..... :)))

> thx again,

> ps: where can i download the latest builds to give an other try to my
> asterfustion??

Still here:
http://hydra.nix.net.switch.ch/RARE/releases/pre-2/onie-installer-release-1-151-g2a8ef2e.bin

However, you still need to update the embedded ONIE before that with
the recovery image
http://hydra.nix.net.switch.ch/RARE/asterfusion/onie-recovery-x86_64-asterfusion_x312p-r0.iso
on a USB drive. That's what failed the last time on your box, I think.

I've done this without problems on the two Asterfusion boxes at
CERN. You'll have to select the USB drive as EFI boot device in the
BIOS. If you don't see it there, make sure that your drive really is
a proper EFI boot device. If you can't get this to work I'm afraid I
can't help :(

That ONIE recovery image is still not 100% correct for that
Asterfusion model. There will still be some EEPROM/TLV errors and it
will not automatically reboot after the ONIE embed, but it's good
enough to run the RARE ONIE installer (after a manual reboot).

--
Alex