rare-users - [RARE-users] SNMP for monitoring RTT, jitter and packet loss with freeRouter

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

[RARE-users] SNMP for monitoring RTT, jitter and packet loss with freeRouter

  • From: Gabriel Tetzner <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: [RARE-users] SNMP for monitoring RTT, jitter and packet loss with freeRouter
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 23:26:17 -0300

Hi all,

I am wanting to monitor some specific data regarding the network interfaces of freeRouter, mainly RTT, jitter and packet loss of the interfaces would be interesting data for me.

How would I do this by integrating SNMP with freeRouter? I saw that for prometheus there is no specific sensor for this interface data, so I believe that using a protocol like SNMP integrating with a prometheus node exporter or zabbix, I could capture this kind of data, but I saw that there is no documentation for this.

Context: I want to monitor this data to be able to implement a machine learning or artificial intelligence model, for this I wanted to start monitoring data that would be interesting to train a model.

Therefore, I'm asking for tips that can help me in integrating SNMP with freeRouter.

Att.